Childcare or kindergarten
Day care centers are available part-time or full-time and go up to 4 or 5 years of age.
Primary School – Kindergarten, Preparatory, Foundation Year
Preschool starts at age 5 or 6 in Australia, depending on the child’s date of birth and state of residence. It lasts between 6 to 7 years.
Kindergarten / Pre-primary / Preparatory: Years 1–6 or 1-7.
It starts at the age of 11 or 12 years. Lasting between 3 to 4 years.
Years 7–10 or Years 8-10
There are some programs in public and private schools across Australia.
Enrollments are normally semiannual and the choice of program must be in accordance with the country of origin, in order for the certification to be validated.
Starts at the age of 15 or 16.
English language courses
Elicos are Intensive English Language courses for International Students. Among them are:
- General English
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) & English for Further Studies (EFS)
- Exam Preparation Course (IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge, PTE)
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
- English for Teaching
- English Tour
Learn a little more about each of these courses and choose the best one for you. You can even make a combination between them.
Australia has a vocational education and training (VET) system, which prepares people to work in a career that does not require a university degree, ie vocational courses.
They are certified in the most varied areas of professional qualification. The duration ranges from 12 weeks to years and classes can vary from 1 to 3 days a week.
In Australia they are divided in the following way:
- Undergraduate: Bachelor degree & Bachelor degree (honours) with an average duration of 3 to 4 years
Note: Diploma, Advanced Diploma & Associate Degree can also be considered Undergraduate
- Postgraduate: Graduate Certificate (6 months), Graduate Diploma (1 year), Master Degree (average duration of 2 years), Doctoral Degree / PHD (average duration of 4 years to 6 years), Higher Doctoral Degree (average duration of 3 years up to 5 years)
Some Postgraduate courses can be subclassified as:
- by Coursework
Course based on the selection and completion of subjects through academic works with the conclusion of a thesis at the end.
- by Research
Course starts after completion of a thesis, involving research and under the guidance of an academic supervisor.